Monday, February 8, 2010

Making The Best Of It!


This indoor season has been a waste for many athletes. Lack of track meets, cancellations and inclement weather have also made this indoor season one to forget. Many athletes have not had enough time to accomplish anything. This weekend is the North Carolina 4-A State Meet. Due to the way this indoor season has been so far, there are a number of athletes that would have qualified that have not. This just goes to show that this season has been rough so far. I feel a really strong outdoor season across the nation.

As for me, I'm going to make the best of the state meet. I need to salvage something from this indoor season before I go to Nationals. I'm going to lay it all on the line when I get into the blocks Saturday. I have not ran the hurdles since January 16, all this down time has done me some good. I was able to get some good training in and the rest has allowed me to internalize and think about what I have to do. I am ready to roll in the hurdles. I also have to run the 500 meter dash, I'm looking to go about 1:06.00 in that event. I have changed up my training and I am feeling better. I just have to go out and put it on the track. It's all mental for me, I just have to stop thinking. Its my senior year, I need o go out with a bang. My first couple of hurdle races did not go as planned, but I feel this time off has done me some good. I'm just looking toward the future now and running as fast as I can.

No comments: