Saturday, March 28, 2009

OUTDOOR SEASON!!!

I kicked off my outdoor season with the Raleigh Relays Friday. I competed in the 400 hurdles. It went okay for the most part, stumbled at the 5th hurdle and was off the rest of the race. I posted a 55.25, I wasn't happy but I was content, for now.

Today I ran at the 2009 Spartans Invitational at Southern Durham high school. I started off the meet with the 110 hurdle prelims, it was terrible but somehow I qualified for the finals with a 15.81. I just wasn't focused and it showed. I made some what of an improvement in the finals running a 15.12, it was still bad for me. Its no where near I want or need to be right now.

After that hurdle performance, I was down a little but I was looking for redemption in the 300 hurdles, and that's exactly what I got. Determined to run good, I got focused. I got in the blocks and I knew what I had to do. Came out okay, but I focused on getting my steps right. I was even thinking about alternating if I had to. I think I ran well and posted a 38.54, a new PR! This weekend went well, and has given me a new boost of confidence for the season.

No comments: