Thursday, January 15, 2009

Eastern High School Challenge!!!!


This Saturday is the Eastern High School Challenge. Hosted by the Durham Striders at the Eddie Smith Field House on the campus of UNC, it is one of the premiere high school meets for the indoor season. This meet will play host to a lot of the top talent the east coast has to offer. From the 55 meter hurdles to the shot put, there will be plenty of competition and non-stop action all day long.

After coming off a great meet in Arkansas, I'm looking to improve in the hurdles. I had a great 400 meter race in Arkansas, running a 50.57 in the prelims, a new personal record. The prelims were right before the 60 meter hurdle prelims. I had nothing left for the hurdles. At UNC I won't have to worry about that because the 55 meter hurdles prelims and finals will be done before any of my other events.

I am feeling stronger, faster and more confident over the hurdles. I have come a long way since last year. I am aiming to run under 7.70 in the hurdles. I know what I have to do, but now I just have to let everything else go and let all my body take over. I will also be running the 500 and the 4x400 meter relay. I can't wait for the 500 either. With that PR in the 400, and running it so early in the season, makes me wonder about of all possibilities. I am shooting for a 1:08.00 or better, I'm confident that I can obtain all my goals Saturday.

No comments: